I've come to the difficult part of the deck. Namely the stairs and railing. I really wanted to get at least one stair stringer cut yesterday, but it just didn't happen. Would have, but I was already committed to something at 6:00 p.m.
I also took way too much time with the fascia boards. Kept messing up the cuts. This was very frustrating because I had barely enough material to ring the deck and each mistake meant either buying a new board or having a joint on the last section. Buying a new board would have been a bad choice, because each board was upwards of $40 and at least a week wait for it to get here. I ended up with four joints on the final section. I did a decent job, it doesn't face the street and will be blocked by the grill when on the deck, so I'm not too fussed.
I'm anxious to get the stairs up and the railing on. Should be able to have it completed for a Memorial Day grand opening. Wish me luck.
Current pictures at:
http://jaredandmary.home.comcast.net/photo_pages/
house/deck_new_decked_4.html
I also took way too much time with the fascia boards. Kept messing up the cuts. This was very frustrating because I had barely enough material to ring the deck and each mistake meant either buying a new board or having a joint on the last section. Buying a new board would have been a bad choice, because each board was upwards of $40 and at least a week wait for it to get here. I ended up with four joints on the final section. I did a decent job, it doesn't face the street and will be blocked by the grill when on the deck, so I'm not too fussed.
I'm anxious to get the stairs up and the railing on. Should be able to have it completed for a Memorial Day grand opening. Wish me luck.
Current pictures at:
http://jaredandmary.home.comcast.net/photo_pages/
house/deck_new_decked_4.html
Comments
Post a Comment