I took Sarah to her 9-month appointment today, and I can’t believe how much she’s grown. The biggest surprise was her weight – she’s just shy of 19 pounds, which puts her in the 51st percentile for weight, a drop of nearly 20 percent from her last visit. She may only be 19 pounds, but it sure feels like more when I have to lug her around.
But I wasn’t imagining things when I thought she was longer – she’s 28.75 inches long, putting her in the 85th percentile (a jump from the 75th). And her head? Well, it’s big. No surprise there – she’s in the 90th percentile (which is still a drop from the 97th at her 6-month appointment).
The doctor says she’s a little slow in her fine motor-control movements, but that he’s not worried. She’s eating well and he encouraged us to put her down to promote her crawling and exploration skills. She’s my little cutie.
What an adorable little girl. Doctor had no comment on her rolling locomotion?
ReplyDeleteHe saw her do it and just commented that it was a precursor to the standard Army crawl, which was good.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear things are going along as expected. She has the height commensurate with her parents :)
ReplyDeleteThey're all different. Normal is probably pretty abnormal since it is only an average of a lot of "abnormal" kids. Glad to know she's doing great. Aunt Lynda
ReplyDeleteShe's so cute! Their size seems to change so much as you take them in too. Charlie "only" weighs 16lbs, but I think that scale must be wrong. My arm is going to fall off.
ReplyDeleteGlad Sarah checked out just fine. Isn't 9 months so much fun - they giggle and respond and can be entertained... Have fun!
ReplyDelete