I love marching bands. I just do. Can’t explain it, and don’t even want to. It’s in my blood. I marched in my wimpy little high school band (read 30 dedicated members, if that), and then when I went off to college, I marched in the band all six years I was there. And I. Loved. Every. Minute. Of it.
Jared went to GameDay when ESPN stopped by at BYU’s homecoming game against TCU. (The less said about that game, the better.) The BYU Marching Band was there as well, and he grabbed this clip.
If you’re interested in hearing the whole song, it’s called “Spanish Fantasy.” (And no, I didn’t go interrogate the band. I played it while I was there in 1999, and I recognized it -- see top paragraph for explanation. The file is of my band’s performance, so it may not be identical, but it’s the same song.)
And then I woke up and went to the parade, just for this. This is the ONLY reason I go to the Homecoming Parade. Lucky for me, they are always one of the first entries in the parade. Go band!
Comments
Post a Comment