Our ward decided to host its last winter activity at Soldier Hollow, which was a venue for the 2002 Winter Olympics, on Saturday. It was the first time that our family had been to Soldier Hollow.
The ward rented out the tubing hills and gave everyone a lift pass. (There is a tubing lift so you don’t have to walk up the hill – how cool is that?)
It was pretty fun. Sarah, unfortunately, could not go down the big hills because she wasn’t old enough to ride the lift, but she had fun being pulled around in one of the tubes. And then she had fun wandering around the Lodge and eating a doughnut.
And Timothy had the most fun – he got to go down four times. The last time, we really picked up some speed and I was able to steer us better. We might visit again in a later winter (it was kind of icy-slush snow rather than flakes – it is March; even snow here doesn’t last forever).
And next time we won’t go when I’m coming down with a cold. But it was fun to see and visit with our neighbors.
Too fun! I want to join you next time - it's just my speed.
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun to me. Maybe next time will be next year if you want better snow. I hope!! Aunt Lynda
ReplyDeleteWhat fun!
ReplyDelete