On the morning of my birthday, I found Timothy sitting at the table working on a project. He later gave it to me, along with a pile of MegaBlocks. Here were my instructions:
When I was done (with some assistance), it made this:
If you don’t recognize it, it is a MegaBlock version of me, complete with my hair straightened and “flipped out in back the way that I like your hair the best,” according to Timothy. I have the sweetest son on the planet. He is so kind and such a good kid. I really don’t deserve him.
This summer, we made a project out of his rubber band science book. He’s enjoyed playing it, even though there are only four “strings.” (He even picked out a few songs on it and wrote them down.)
It’s hard to believe that I’m the parent of a third-grader. When did he get so big? Third grade? Really? But he loves school and is loving the accelerated class that he is in. Every day he comes home and when I ask him about school he enthusiastically tells me, “Great!” (Last year it was usually “good” but only with a shrug.) I think we made the right choice in putting him in the program. Ah, I love my third-grader. Thanks for being such a good, loveable kid.
I can't believe how much he and Jared look alike, I guess only recently has that happened, or I haven't noticed until now!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big he is!! What a great kid.
ReplyDeleteI hope he records his music! I bet it's mathmatical! Looks great all spruced up for school! Have a great year, Timothy. So glad you are in the accelerated program.
ReplyDeleteTimothy sounds like a man after my own heart. I hope our kids turn out so well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a guy!
ReplyDelete