This is the faucet that came with the kitchen when we moved in to the house. Serviceable, kind of dated, but there wasn’t any real need to replace it.
Until now, when you look closer. See the problem? No? Let me help you.
That, my friends, is a hole where there shouldn’t be a hole. I should have been excited, because here was a perfect reason to replace my probably 15-year-old faucet with something more modern. But honestly? I was just annoyed. Why was I annoyed? Well, just last month we had to replace the faucet in the main bathroom (the one we had installed just a year previous had corroded and broken. Yeah, don’t buy a Pegasus faucet. Ever.)
This is the new faucet for the main bath. I opted to go for a non-bronze finish simply because I’d had a bad experience with the first one, and this one was more of a brown finish that matches well enough. (Plus it wasn’t worth it for me to spend an extra $100 plus shipping to get this style in a bronze finish.) Yes, I’m a bad homeowner. I mixed silver and bronze in my bathroom. Deal with it.
So, with the recent faucet-replacing experience still fresh in my mind, I was less than ecstatic to find the hole in my kitchen faucet. Grr. Didn’t we just leave this party?
So after looking around (and realizing that Jared and I have vastly different tastes when it comes to kitchen faucets), we settled on one.
Sarah was very interested in what her daddy was doing under the kitchen sink.
Jared, being the good handyman husband that he is, was able to install it in a couple of hours on a Saturday morning.
So, we have a new kitchen faucet. It’s nice, as far as faucets go, and has a soap dispenser that I’m willing to use (the old one had some rather interesting smells emanating from it and so I never used it). And we are fortunate that it is an almost exact color match to our stainless steel sink. Bonus! And truth be told, I’m happy that it’s been replaced, just not exactly the timing. Ah, well. Here’s someone who is happy. And cute too.
I think you will quickly grow to like your new faucet. I've quickly become very accustomed to our new faucet - hard to wash dishes at someone else's home. The high rise style is nice. Does the sprayer pull out?
ReplyDeleteFun to see Sarah interested in what her daddy is doing. And yes she is a cute little girl.
Isn't nice to get an updated look! Maybe Sarah will be replacing the faucet the next time!
ReplyDeleteYes, there is a sprayer that pulls out of the faucet as well. It has a weight attached on the end to help it remain up when not in use.
ReplyDelete