I’m not sure how other moms do it, but eventually I do have to go to appointments and such where I don’t really know what to do with my kids. I had to go to an eye appointment (I kind of like to see, you know), and I knew that the small office I go to had a little play area that would probably keep my kids happy. So I took them with me.
And they were happy. They played together and ate snacks together and weren’t obnoxious to the other patrons. Sarah loves her brother and loves to play with him (he is very patient with her), and it was an awesome experience. My kids were well-behaved and happy and I got new glasses and contacts.
So yeah, stuff like this makes me happy. I love my kids.
My kids used to do well at appointments, and as long as I don't have Jeremiah they still tend to be good. Jeremiah just is at the phase where he complains about going anywhere. Lucky for me, he is also old enough where I do leave him if I know it will be a short trip.
ReplyDeleteThey do look like they are having fun together and cooperating.
ReplyDelete