A little over a year ago, my nephew Cameron died. One of the many kind deeds that was done for my sister and her family was a tree was planted in their yard in memory of Cam. And in order to focus on his life (and not the painful way he left us), my sister decided to hold an open house on his birthday, May 5, in honor of Cameron. (He would have been 17 this year.)
Part of that open house involved bringing a flower to plant around Cameron’s tree. It was kind of an adventure to get there (can I just say I can’t wait for them to be done with construction on the freeway?), but I’m glad that we were able to go even if it was only for a little while.
Jared picked out this flower, and I think it was just right. It’s a daisy-type flower that starts out a yellow color that changes to salmon and then to a pinkish-peach color.
Many other people came and planted their own flowers. I want to go back in a while and see how all the flowers have grown in and blossomed in a month or two.
We miss you, Cam. Here’s to you.
Comments
Post a Comment