Growing up, summer meant a lot of different things to me. Hours spent outside playing — water games, friends, bike rides, going to the park — and so I try to give my kids at least some of the same opportunities. I admit we didn’t go to the park as much as I would have liked to this summer (I do have a full-time job alas), but I did manage to get them there at least once before summer hit us in full force.
(And a note on that … why on earth did it wait to get really hot until the END of August? I’m not complaining, just think that it is odd. Usually we hit our peak in July. Whatever. Back to the park.)
This was the first time we’d gone in a while and it was very fun to see Sarah be more confident in just about everything she did. She was willing to climb up and down stairs, through tunnels and more all by herself. (A year ago, someone had to hold her hand just about all of the time.)
I think this is Timothy’s favorite slide. He first wanted to go down it when he was Sarah’s age, I think. (She wanted to try too.) I can’t remember when he was first able to do it by himself, but he is pretty fearless now, at least with this particular slide.
Me? I had a good time following Sarah around on the ground and taking pictures of my kids. You know, to prove that we actually did something this summer.
I commented and it is gone! Glad you enjoyed the park! Aunt Lynda
ReplyDeleteThat does look like fun, and isn't it nice that the hot weather waited and we were able to enjoy the outdoors more during the middle of the summer. Hopefully the hot will last very long, either.
ReplyDelete