Ryan David was born yesterday at 6:56 pm. He is 9 lbs 2 oz and 20” long.
He did not enjoy being poked and prodded and didn’t mind making his feelings known.
He was having minor respiratory distress, so they put him on a CPAP machine for a little bit. His hemoglobin was a little high so they gave him some fluids by IV. After an hour on the CPAP he was doing well enough to not go back on. He actually did pretty well. Marydalene got to hold him for longer than either of our other two babies before he was whisked away.
I got to hold his hand for a bit. Call me crazy, but I love that.
He’s just about ready for his first bath.
Marydalene did really well. She opted to not have an epidural. After having been forced into doing without with Sarah she really liked how quickly she recovered and could get up and walk afterward. She delivered even quicker with Ryan, so while it wasn’t easy, it was over soon.
Congrats!!! Glad it all went well. He is quite the handsome little boy!
ReplyDeleteHe's a week younger than my son! After having an epidural I swore I would never have one again if it was my choice. I'm glad Marydalene didn't need to have one. Glad to hear that Ryan and Marydalene are doing so well.
ReplyDeleteDiana
After all those tiny little babies the past month, Ryan looks like he was born half grown! And all that dark brown hair! So happy for you. Aunt Lynda
ReplyDeleteOh my word! He is so adorable. That hair is amazing! Good for Marydalene. I did not have an epidural with Isaac and I'm convinced I will do the same with future children. Hope you all adjust well to the new addition and I'll look forward to more photos.
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm agreeing with all the comments. What a good looking baby. So glad he is doing well, and I hope Marydalene does really well, too. Congratulations on the new addition--he just missed my birthday :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a fine looking boy! Hope you recover quickly Marydalene...Aunt Bev & Uncle Kent
ReplyDelete