In December, we set out to take a family portrait and some new portraits of the kiddos. I knew it would be an adventure (Jared having taken many pictures of the John Lawrence family and the Duncans), but it still was a little more difficult than I thought it would be.
In the end, we succeeded, and while I know I often have seemingly perfect pictures of my kids, in reality it takes many shots to get the right one.
For example, Timothy is now at the age where taking pictures a chore for him. He doesn't particularly like it. (Joy.)
This one almost works, but it's not his natural smile, but more of a cheesy grin. Which only got worse.
I like this picture because it is SO Timothy. Mostly when Jared or I say something that is silly. Because he is so smart and knows everything already.
Also note, there are many pictures in between that I haven't edited simply because that would be overwhelming to every one involved. And then the winner (uncropped).
For Sarah, it is always just hit and miss with her. She is either willing or (stubbornly) not. We actually got the smile we wanted with nearly the first shot, but we kept trying (silly us).
She's still cute though. (How could you not love this smile? I melt.)
And Ryan? It's just debating on what level of drool to choose from.
Ah, I still love those baby blues.
Then I had the silly idea of trying to get a group shot of my three kids. This was the best shot (and we took probably 100 shots of just them).
Here's a slideshow of just a few of the errors. It's funny to see the changes, even if it is exasperating at the same time.
But I still consider it a success, even if I have to throw up my hands in defeat.
The family portrait had a similar story. I didn't do all the errors though. You get the idea though. Picture taking, without an assistant to help you, is a hard task, but well worth it.
I love my family.
Comments
Post a Comment