Timothy was one of two top spellers in his class and so he moved on to the school spelling be on Feb. 13. We were glad that Grandma Lawrence could take a break from taking care of Janet to come to the spelling bee with us.
Timothy was successful through the 13th round, successfully spelling:
- Number
- Ivory
- Empower
- Moviegoer
- Avenge
- Grouse
- Extinguish
- Netiquette
- Courtier
- Ragamuffin
- Quadrillion
- Bonsai
- Bloviate
It was in the 14th round, with just three candidates left, that cavalier threw him off. He spelled it “cavaleer.” I think it is fantastic that he did so well. He took third place in his school. Way to go, Timothy!
This is Timothy with the first- (far right) and second-place (middle) finishers, all sixth-graders like Timothy.
Being an awesomely prepared Mom like I am, I left the nice camera at home and had to make due with my phone until we got home. By that point, Timothy started being silly. Of course. He wouldn’t be my son, otherwise. That’s ok. I think he’s still a keeper.





Yeah, I'd keep him if I were you :). Good going, Timothy!!
ReplyDelete