One of the Christmas traditions of my family is to visit Temple Square on Christmas Eve. It is something that I always look forward to, even if I have seen the lights and the nativity program many times before. It is always so beautiful to me, and I was looking forward to Ryan’s reaction to the lights this year. He has been very excited for most of the month about looking at the lights on all the houses we pass.
Due to the milder temperatures, I expected crowds this year, and I wasn’t disappointed. It was quite busy. And while Ryan liked the lights, what he liked best were the fountains.
Especially these fountains, that flow down in many tiered steps through the Main Street Plaza.
He kept asking if he could put his hands in the water. Um, no. It may be only 40 degrees, but it’s still December.
Ryan is quite the little charmer.
So is this little sweetheart.
The nativity program didn’t hold Ryan’s attention very well (understandably), so he took to laying on the ground. Because he could.
This is his attempt at hiding from me so that I won’t take his picture. With a huge grin. Ha!
I really love this simple program of the telling of Jesus’ birth. I’ve heard it so many times before, but I love the reminder right before Christmas Day of the reasons we celebrate this season.
And I don’t remember the little shepherd boy peaking around the pillar in the background before. Such a nice, little touch. I love it. Reminds me of one of my favorite nativity sets that I put up in our home at Christmas.
And back to the fountains. Because they are so neat.
I love my little trio. They bring me so much joy.
And I can’t help but look at this little side lawn and reflection pond of the plaza and think of when Jared and I were married, nearly 15 years ago now. We stopped here and had some pictures taken. I love the blue lights they put up at Christmas. Lots of happy memories.




















Comments
Post a Comment