Poor Timothy. He came in to our bedroom around 3:30 a.m. complaining of a sore stomach. He then began to show signs of needing to throw up. I urged him to run to the bathroom. He turned to go and had a moment of indecision about which bathroom was closer. I implored him to just go. He decided his bathroom was closer and moved toward it. After hearing a splash in my doorway I realized that he was too late. Sigh. I helped him get to the toilet so that he could finish up and then began the process of cleaning up. Got him back in bed with a big bowl just in case he suffered repeat attacks. Three times that night I helped him empty the bowl and rinse his mouth.
The next morning we were all suffering from our disrupted night and slept late. Marydalene tells me that after I went to work Timothy noticed it was 10:00 a.m. and wondered if he could still go to school. She told him that because he had thrown up several times last night he needed to stay home. His response was, "but my teachers have a trash can for kids to throw up in." Marydalene explained the basics of communicable diseases and Timothy agreed to stay home even though he was very sad to miss a day of school.
The next morning we were all suffering from our disrupted night and slept late. Marydalene tells me that after I went to work Timothy noticed it was 10:00 a.m. and wondered if he could still go to school. She told him that because he had thrown up several times last night he needed to stay home. His response was, "but my teachers have a trash can for kids to throw up in." Marydalene explained the basics of communicable diseases and Timothy agreed to stay home even though he was very sad to miss a day of school.
Comments
Post a Comment