At dinner tonight Timothy said, "Tell me an imaginary number."
So, naturally, to my six year old, I replied, "The square root of negative one."
After receiving a blank look I tried again, "The square root of negative three? The square root of negative four?"
At this point Timothy gave up and said, "I'll tell you one. How about twenty-teen."
In other news, I got bored while making pancakes.
That's some pancake. I like your imaginary numbers as well.
ReplyDeleteWhat else would Richard's son say and what else would my grandson say? Story makes me laugh and I know there are many more interesting conversations to come. Your pancake makes my prospective Alamo and Texas pancakes look rather plain.
ReplyDeleteThis is funny in a wierd sort of way. It's great.
ReplyDeleteFirst I laughed about the imaginary number, then I read it to Mike who laughed. Then Brent came in and had to hear what was so funny about imaginary numbers! He'll get it next month knowing Timothy!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny!
ReplyDeleteI've shared your imaginary number story with several and they have all enjoyed.
ReplyDelete