So, I’m glad that August is almost over, if only because I’ve had to replace way too many appliances and other things: like our garage door opener (which was eaten by the fabulous lightning storms we had earlier this month), our toaster (its hinge finally decided to give up) and lastly, my hairdryer (which died mid-dry this week).
While out shopping for a new hairdryer, I experienced a somewhat enlightening moment. (In the hair aisle? Yes, hang in there.) I got there and looked at the 20 hairdryers and was torn. Should I go with a brand I’ve never heard of? Should I try something new? What color should I get? Does it matter how much I spend? I even texted Jared asking for support. (Not my wisest of decisions, since he has never owned one nor will he ever own one.) And through all of this, I didn’t know which one to purchase. And since this was the hair aisle at Target, it was somewhat of a happening place, at least on this particular Wednesday night.
A teenage girl came down the row with her mom (I’m assuming), and briefly paused and considered. We exchanged a few words about how the one she was looking at died on me mid-dry, and she commented that hers did the same thing. So she moved on, with more commentary to her companion, flitting through her choices. She settled on one and left. Me? I was still there, agonizing over which hairdryer to buy.
Seriously?
This is where my enlightening moment came from. Just make a decision, already! It’s only a hairdryer. It’s not going to be a life-altering purchase. So stop vacillating and just CHOOSE.
And so I did. I bought the one she did.
LOL! I hope you're happy with her choice. She certainly has a better grasp on hair dryers than Jared.
ReplyDeleteI buy the ones on sale! They all die eventually, and if you get the pricey ones you feel "taken" when they go. Hope yours works out. Aunt Lynda
ReplyDeleteI think I still have the old hand held hair blower I bought when I was a teenager! Grandpa fixed it and it just kept on going just like the everready bunny! I switched to a smaller, lighter weight one and have replaced it several times!!! Good luck with yours -at least it's pretty!
ReplyDeleteI owned that very dryer at one point. I enjoyed it until it died. Unfortunately, it seems they all die eventually. Anyway, good choice.
ReplyDeleteHa ha that's funny. I have the same problem. I seriously consider every purchase - even the impromptu candy bar.
ReplyDeleteI should have given you mine. I love my hair dryer and it has never died on me.... but maybe that's because I never use it.
ReplyDeleteTamara prefers a high power fast dry. She says it saves minutes of your life every day.
ReplyDelete