Timothy had a school assignment to invent something. After a few false starts he decided to invent the Battery Buster. It’s a tool to help remove batteries. He has to present it in class as if he was doing a commercial. Following is the script that he wrote.
The spring inside the battery compartment can make the batteries hard to get out. What do you need? The Battery Buster! All you do is push down on the handle of the Battery Buster when you’ve got the end in between the batteries, and they’re out! (Strike three.) All you need is a little bit of force and a good catcher. Those batteries go to the moon! Ya-hoo Battery Buster!
We made the battery buster by grinding a scoop shape onto the end of a 60d nail (approximately 1/4” diameter and 6” long). Timothy thought the grinding process created a neat light show, so he wanted to take some video. What do you think?
I guess it is a pretty good light show. My favorite part, though, is the sound of the hot metal hitting the water.
While I was grinding Timothy was concerned that I was hurting my hands with all the sparks hitting them. Marydalene wondered about the same thing when she saw the video. I am not a masochist. It doesn’t hurt. You can feel the metal particles hitting, but they are not hot enough or fast enough to hurt.
He takes it to school tomorrow. I wonder how it will go over.
I have to agree - that is a pretty great light show. I think Timothy has come up with a great idea - sometimes those batteries ARE hard to get out.
ReplyDeleteYep, I'd have to agree. Pretty clever thinking.
ReplyDeleteGood job, Timothy. I am impressed. Let me know how it goes at school. (Mom's comment is at 12:17 AM. Ha ha ha. That kills me.)
ReplyDeleteThat's great...so when does he start marketing it? :) Those pesky batteries are hard to get out.
ReplyDeleteI like it. Put me on buyer list. Aunt Lynda
ReplyDeleteI agree that it should be marketed, put me on the buying list.
ReplyDeleteTimothy,
ReplyDeleteHow did your presentation go?