I’ve been watching the TV show Monk on Netflix. If you’re not familiar with the show, one of the main plot elements is the OCD tendencies of the titular character. I’m not like Monk, but I can sympathize. Marydalene is not like Monk either, but she has her own little compulsions. I guess it’s no surprise that our children have their own OCD tendencies. This is a story about Sarah.
Last night we were all downstairs when Sarah noticed that something was not right.
She stopped everything and repeatedly told us about how this was just not right and something must be done. So I finally gave up trying to get her to continue on with our activity and fixed it for her.
You would think that would be end of it, but you don’t understand. For the next several minutes Sarah expounded on how much better it was now that it was fixed. Aren’t we glad that it was fixed? See how much better it is? Don’t you just feel better now that it’s fixed?
So, I guess I can consider all of the episodes of Monk that I’ve been watching to be research in how to cope with OCD.
You do know the problem still isn't fixed. The strings aren't even.
ReplyDeletehaha
ReplyDeleteAnd it's just starting - the OCD episodes. We sure have our share at our house! At least neat and tidy is desirable!
ReplyDelete