I really wanted to do something to improve my physical fitness, but couldn’t think of anything to do that I might actually enjoy. I figured that since I wasn’t going to enjoy anything I may as well start running so that Marydalene and I could do something together. Sort of. I have no intention of running half marathons. So, I signed up for the Rex Lee Run 5K.
Here’s a crazy person just a few minutes before the race.
Timothy and Sarah played around in the bleachers while waiting for me to finish.
Timothy took his role as protector seriously.
Don’t I have excellent form? Thumbs up, Bro!
Of course I had to make sure that I ended the timer on my phone right as I crossed the finish line. By the way, if you are using RunKeeper let me know. I’m signed up with my hotmail address, if you know that one.
It was great to be finished running. I’m not sure if that comes across in this picture, but I was glad to be done.
Don’t I look genuinely pleased to be done? Not at all faking a smile, no way.
I finished, officially, in 33:12. That was good enough for 511th (of 1146) overall, 19th (of 30) in my division. I’d like to be able to push up a few spots when I do it again next year.
Timothy has declared that he would like to run with me in my next race. That’s going to be the end of April. So far we’ve gotten him to 1.5 miles. We’ll see if we can get him ready in time. It will be fun to run with him.
Well done Jared for your first outing. You do look much fresher in the first picture;).
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of Timothy taking good care of Sarah.