It was finally time.
Ryan, as I knew he would be, was ready for a haircut. He probably could have used one a couple of months ago, but I wasn't ready to cut it then. But it was getting to the point where it was kind of ridiculous looking.
See what I mean?
So we did it. Ryan, about a week and half shy of 6 months old, has had his first haircut. And while I miss his highlights and how much hair he had, it was never neat and never stayed nice-looking for very long. It was always messy and well, it was time.
I love this look, because so often it is followed by one of these:
See? And look how handsome he still is, and now looking a little less like Harry Potter and more like my happy little Ryan.
While we were in the hair-cutting vein, we decided to give Sarah her first haircut as well. Yes, she’s 4. Yes, she’s a girl. I actually wasn’t as sure about this one (it was so long, and so pretty), but I’m glad we went ahead and did it. It looks like we care about her hair now, and it can grow back and be as long as it was. She didn’t hold still very well, and so we cut off a little more than we’d intended, but at least it’s mostly even.
I don’t really have a good “before” shot – we kind of forgot to take one. Oops. But here is one from her birthday, which kind of gives you an idea at how long it was.
And here is the final result.
Timothy got a haircut too, but he’s such an old hat at this now (he is 10 years old after all), that we didn’t take any pictures.
Haircut looks good on Ryan. He certainly did need it. Sarah's haircut looks nice too. If Richard had been there he'd have lined up with the kids.
ReplyDeleteThe haircuts do look nice. I have a niece on sam's side that didn't get a haircut until she was 7, so 4, not bad.
ReplyDeleteThe haircuts do look nice. I have a niece on sam's side that didn't get a haircut until she was 7, so 4, not bad.
ReplyDeleteThe haircuts do look nice. I have a niece on sam's side that didn't get a haircut until she was 7, so 4, not bad.
ReplyDelete