The local Food & Care Coalition is sort of a food bank plus. One of their main fundraisers is an event called Bowls for Humanity. Generally the idea is that you buy a bowl and they'll fill it with soup. All of the bowls are donated by local craftsmen and students. They have in the past been primarily pottery bowls, but this year they will have a limited selection of wooden bowls.
A gentleman at work who knows the organizer of the event arranged for Craft Supplies to donate the wood for their employees to turn and donate the finished wooden bowls. The final tally of donated bowls is yet to be determined, but here are the two that I donated.
These bowls are about six inches in diameter and three inches high. They are turned from Box Elder and finished with an oil-based finish.
The second one is probably the best bowl that I’ve ever turned. I like it so much that I’m actually considering going to the event and buying it for myself. Any of you locals that are interested can try to beat me to it. I signed the bottom, so you’ll be able to tell if it’s mine.
Beautiful job Jared. Hope you can't afford your own bowl ;)
ReplyDeleteIf I was a local, I would for sure buy one of your bowls. I too like the second one better, but both are wonderful! Great work.
ReplyDelete