So now that Ryan is almost 10 months old, I feel like I should report on his 9-month appointment. (Better late than never, eh?)
As expected, he has continued his trend of being huge. He is the fastest baby in our family to hit 20 pounds and is currently wearing 12 month clothes. Even the nurse remarked at how tall he was. Big guy. Cute guy.
At 9 months, Ryan weighed 21.8 pounds (83rd percentile), is 30 inches (97th), and his head measured 18.7 inches (98th).
He wasn’t crawling beyond his army crawl at the time of his appointment, but he would often do this
and make me think he was just about to take off. It only lasted a couple of weeks, but when I’d sit him up he couldn’t move. He figured out how to get back on his tummy relatively quickly, however, so that method doesn’t work anymore to get him to hold still. He’s always on the move and likes to play and wiggle and scoot around.
He has four teeth (two on top and two on bottom), and loves to eat baby food and try anything we are eating (if he can). I am surprised at how much he likes to eat sometimes.
He is now (mostly) sleeping through the night. At his appointment, my pediatrician told me to stop feeding him at night (even though he would usually only wake up once to eat). I took his advice and stopped feeding him, and let him “cry it out” when he woke up. This required us to move Sarah (first in our bed, which didn’t work) to the couch with her pillow and a snuggly blanket so that she could sleep while Ryan did his marathon cries. His longest spell was about 90 minutes, with me checking on him every 30 minutes. For the most part, now when we put him to bed he stays asleep. (The other night he had a mini-cry fest that lasted about 10 minutes.) But I am so used to him waking me up that I’m having a hard time staying asleep all night. I think I will adjust quickly though, and although it was hard, I’m glad I followed my pediatrician’s advice. He warned that it would be even harder to get him to sleep though the night if he could pull himself up in his crib and stand up (something that Ryan is now doing), so we made it just in time.
And Ryan is still my happy, mellow little guy. He loves his siblings and loves to smile, laugh and play. I love his baby blues. He’s such a cute kid. I love that he is part of our family. (And yes, he has had his second haircut.)
Comments
Post a Comment