We got a letter in the mail on Saturday addressed to my oldest from Timothy’s junior high school. I wasn’t sure what was inside, but I figured it was fairly important and wouldn’t let Timothy take it away to the abyss he calls his room.
We opened it together and read that Timothy has been accepted to the highest level of math class that that his junior high offers for its seventh-graders.
I am not at all surprised. This kid? Numbers just speak to him and he understands them. He knows pi out to about 100 digits, just because he can. It is certainly not something that he got from me. I can do math. It takes effort. Timothy just gets it, and he loves it. He was super stoked that he did well enough on the testing to get into the advanced track.
He was giddy. He brought it up a couple of times during the day, he was so excited. Me? I’m happy for my math-loving son, but if he get’s stumped, I’m using my mom’s pass-off phrase.
“Go ask your dad.”

Comments
Post a Comment