As one of the activities we did as a family on Christmas Eve, we went to see the movie “Frozen” while it was in the theaters. It worked well for our family for several reasons. Timothy laughed and laughed at the Mickey Mouse short at the beginning of the film (his favorite part); Sarah was actually old enough to be engaged by the film for the entire movie; and Ryan played wrestle the monkey between Jared and I for most of the film, although he was never so restless that we had to take him out.
We purposefully went to a matinee with our little crowd of kids, so that they wouldn’t be too disruptive. Case in point, at a climactic moment at the end when a certain character transforms (trying to be spoiler free here), the theater was pretty silent at this dramatic scene. Until my daughter pipes up (not loudly, but her voice did carry because it was quiet), “She turned into ice.” Sigh. Yes, Sarah.
At any rate, Sarah has been in love with this movie ever since. I may have helped it along, I found the soundtrack on Xbox Music and had been playing it, mostly because I remembered that I liked the music. But Sarah gravitated to “Let It Go” fairly quickly. It has been a nightly song request for about the last four months.
(Ryan likes the main song as well, and often will belt out a “Let It Go!” of his own when he is trying to ask us to play it for him.)
This particular night, I was trying to make dinner and Sarah and Ryan wouldn’t leave me be enough to actually make it. Jared put on “Frozen” for them to watch and suddenly, I wasn’t that interesting any more.
I love how intensely she was watching. She was singing along when I took this picture. I love my little sweetheart.
Ryan switched between me and the movie, but he’s still cute, so I enjoyed taking his picture, too. (And at 22 months, he may be my blue-eyed child. Grandpa W. will be so pleased if they stay. And it looks like they might.)
Love these boys.





Comments
Post a Comment