Irises are probably my favorite flower. Don’t get me wrong, roses have there place and all that, but I really love the variety and interesting structure of an iris.
Add the fact that they are intrinsically tied with my mom and my dad’s parents, and I just have happy memories with these flowers. So, they were ones that I wanted to plant in our yard when we first bought our house. Fortunately for me, my mother-in-law loves flowers and gardening, and she helped me along the path by purchasing several sets of flowers as birthday gifts. It’s been a wonderful gift.
Last fall, we thinned our irises because they were getting too crowded. We extended our flower bed down the other side of our fence along the side yard. I honestly didn’t expect to get any blooms this year, because irises tend to be a bit sulky when you move them the first year.
To my great and happy surprise, we got not just a few, but many blooms this year. Many different colors, and in many different locations. It made me happy. Here are just a few of the pictures I took of the blooms. And next year will be even better. It’ll be great!













Lovely pictures. Happy to be part of your iris journey.
ReplyDeleteTruly beautiful
ReplyDelete