Skip to main content

We Like the Park

It’s not a life-altering event, going to the park, but I love to take the camera along just for fun. I can capture some pretty fun memories.

DSC_9528

I’ll give a warning. I was closest to Ryan (he being the youngest and all), so there is a disproportionate number of photos of him on this fine spring day. But in my defense, he’s also a bit more willing than others to have his picture taken.

DSC_9530

DSC_9532

DSC_9534

DSC_9536

DSC_9538

And my silly eldest child.

DSC_9539

DSC_9541

DSC_9542

DSC_9546

DSC_9553

DSC_9552

I love these holes in the crawling tubes. My kids always think they are so much fun. Me too.

DSC_9555

DSC_9559

This boy. I have no words.

DSC_9556

DSC_9557

DSC_9558

DSC_9561

DSC_9562

DSC_9565

It was a toss up whether Ryan liked this slide or the swings more.

DSC_9569

DSC_9571

DSC_9572

DSC_9573

DSC_9575

This is Ryan asking for help up the ladder to go down the slide again. We spent a lot of time on that slide.

DSC_9578

And on the swings.

DSC_9580

DSC_9583

DSC_9585

DSC_9591

And that is why I take my camera to the park.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Funny Things Kids Do, Part 3

Jared got out the camera today when we went up to Grandma and Grandpa’s house for a little Easter dinner get-together. When Timothy saw the camera, he said, “Don’t take a picture of me!” “Why would I take a picture of you?” Jared asked him. “Because I’m cute.” ______ Sarah has discovered how to open and close the drawers to my dresser, and she knows that she isn’t supposed to get in them. The other day when I checked on her, she hurried over and grabbed two of my socks that were on the floor and promptly went over to my dresser where she put the socks back in and then tried to close the drawer. She came back and tried again and was successful. And I didn’t even have to say anything to her. She just saw me and went straight to the scene of the crime and tried to clean up the evidence. ______ Timothy loves to read, and so we let him read in bed before going to sleep at night. He’s only allowed to read until 8:30, which gives him about 45 minutes if he doesn’t ...

That Was Exciting

There is something terribly cute, and at the same time terribly sad, about a baby hospital gown. I now have first-hand experience with it, since Ryan spent a day in the hospital on Timothy’s birthday. (Nice timing, baby boy.) Last Sunday, I could tell that Ryan was getting sick. I had hoped, when I saw that Sarah was congested and a little ill, that Ryan wouldn’t catch it, but he did. At any rate, I wasn’t really worried because Sarah was hardly phased by it and I assumed it was just a mild virus. Well, the difference between 4 years and 4 months readily became apparent on Sunday night. Ryan slept half the night in his swing after getting really fussy about his stuffy nose. He slept comfortably once in his swing, so I didn’t really worry. On Monday, he was needy. It made working interesting, especially since he wouldn’t really play on his own. He spent a lot of time in my arms or in his swing. Monday night, I could tell that he was worse, but didn’t know that there was much I coul...

Something Scary

So this year, Timothy decided that he wanted to be “something scary” for Halloween. We threw out the various options, and he settled on a vampire. (“I don’t want to be a doctor again,” he told me, “because of all the doctor jokes I got last year.” Ooooookay.) He was quite pleased with the results, and enjoyed being scary. I chose to be Hermione from “Harry Potter.” (“Hermione’s hair is long ,” a 7-year-old girl down the street told me – as if this means I can’t be her – and I explained that I cut my hair earlier this year and it hadn’t had a chance to grow back yet. She was somewhat mollified, but not quite. She’s as precocious as Timothy sometimes.) But I won some movie tickets at work for my costume, made with much effort and collaboration with Janet (Thanks, Janet! And Jared made my wand, too.) This is the first year I’ve had all the elements completed (skirt, sweater, tie, scarf, robe and wand). And this is probably what I’ll be next year too. So if it looks familiar, that’s b...