And so it begins: We officially have a teenager in our home.
Let me pause and let that sink in, as you enjoy Timothy’s cheesy grin.
In 2002, the Winter Olympics were held in Salt Lake City. The second movie in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, “The Two Towers” was released in theaters, as was “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,” “Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones” and “Spider-Man.” The U.S. began its invasion of Afghanistan following the 2001 attacks. I graduated from BYU and got my first “real” job at the Daily Herald.
And that was the year that I brought home this little bundle, this not-so-little baby boy who made me a mom.
Man, I love that kid.
For his birthday, he went to school. (So exciting.) But we had one of his favorite dinners (I don’t remember what — he just likes so many of the things I make that he just picked something off our our weekly menu), but he did request a German Chocolate pie for dessert.
And he got some presents.
And this is typical of our kids when they get a book. Who needs other presents when I can just start reading?
And a couple of his cute siblings.
And Ryan, “swimming” in the wrapping paper.
And this is Timothy in his natural habitat. Seriously, he’d be on the computer all day if I let him (and I don’t; I’m such a mean mom).
Some of Timothy’s favorite things right now:
– Minecraft
– Other video games
– Coding
– Reading
– Playing piano and clarinet
He loves food of all kinds now (this is a huge hurrah from a kid who would only eat 5 foods when he was younger) and he is getting his teenager appetite to match. Oftentimes he will eat more than I do at dinner. He is looking forward to the day that his braces will come off (we’re getting so close, and we’re closing in on the 2-year mark for round two), and he’s enjoying school as an eighth grader. His favorite classes are band and math.
He’s a funny kid who loves to learn and do everything with numbers. (He still has Pi memorized to 100 digits, if that gives you any clues.) We love our Timothy.














Comments
Post a Comment