So I went to the dentist because I had a sneaky suspicion that I wanted confirmed about my teeth. Plus, I was overdue for a cleaning anyway and I thought now would be a good time to have it done. (Minus the X-ray, of course, because of the baby.)
Timothy was excited to go because he likes the brush that "tickles his teeth." The dentist also was very impressed with the fact that he has no cavities and his teeth look very good.
But, back to me, which requires a little back story. When I was 17, I — like most teenagers — had my wisdom teeth removed. My dentist removed three of them and was fairly certain that the fourth (which was visible on the X-ray) would never come in because it was so high.
Well, he was wrong. The dental hygienist, when he heard of my suspicions, gave me a double take and then asked, "Wait, how old are you?" I am well aware of the fact that I am well past the normal age of when wisdom teeth come in, but there it is. So, I get to have another wisdom tooth taken out after the baby is born. Fortunately for me, it won't cause any problems with my existing teeth because it isn't impacted. Small favors, I guess.
And as the dentist said as he looked at it, "Well, it just goes to show that even dentists can be wrong."
Indeed.
Timothy was excited to go because he likes the brush that "tickles his teeth." The dentist also was very impressed with the fact that he has no cavities and his teeth look very good.
But, back to me, which requires a little back story. When I was 17, I — like most teenagers — had my wisdom teeth removed. My dentist removed three of them and was fairly certain that the fourth (which was visible on the X-ray) would never come in because it was so high.
Well, he was wrong. The dental hygienist, when he heard of my suspicions, gave me a double take and then asked, "Wait, how old are you?" I am well aware of the fact that I am well past the normal age of when wisdom teeth come in, but there it is. So, I get to have another wisdom tooth taken out after the baby is born. Fortunately for me, it won't cause any problems with my existing teeth because it isn't impacted. Small favors, I guess.
And as the dentist said as he looked at it, "Well, it just goes to show that even dentists can be wrong."
Indeed.
It must be dentist month or something. Laura went after several years of no attention and was amazed she had no cavities. I'm glad your errant tooth will not pose a problem.
ReplyDeleteI had one wisdom tooth left after having 3 removed as well. It stayed below the surface until sometime during pregnancy or delivery with Nina. After she was born I noticed it had broken through and decided I was pushing so hard with all of my body to get her out that I also pushed my wisdom tooth out!
ReplyDelete