I talked to Sarah's nurse this evening and asked him to review with me everything that has happened and what needs to happen. This helped me to get a better understanding of what's going on and I feel much more comfortable. All the chart mentioned about her breathing problems is that she had a couple of respiratory episodes. There is no longer any concern about her having any respiratory issues.
She had a low blood sugar level, and that is why she has an IV. They are administering a maintenance fluid. The more that she eats either by breast or by bottle, the less they need to giver her by IV. Once they reduce the IV to a keep-open level (just enough fluids flowing to prevent clotting) they only want to wait for the results of a blood test that takes 48 hours to complete. That should be late tomorrow. Of course it will be a which ever comes last situation between the reduction of the amount of IV and the results of the blood test.
Marydalene needs to check out of the hospital tomorrow afternoon. She is going to wait until just after dinner, as that is pretty much the deadline. Sarah will have to stay until at least late tomorrow night. It's kind of sad to think of Marydalene having to leave the hospital without our baby.
I took this picture so that you could see her hair. If you click through to the larger picture you can see it a little more clearly. She looks a little jaundiced in this picture, but that's just me rushing through the post-processing. I might give it another go tomorrow to see if I can get something a little more color accurate, along with the top picture, but I wanted to get these photos up quickly tonight.
As you can see, Marydalene is feeling well enough to give me a little smile. She's been a real trooper and is handling everything better than I am.
Jared and Mary, Congratulations on such a BEAUTIFUL little girl. So glad to hear that Sarah is doing much better and we'll hope she'll be able to go home soon! Then the cuddling begins! With Timothy on your lap as well. Happy baby time!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beatuiful bundle of joy. Monday is how many days away? - too many. Mary looks good. Hopefully Sarah will follow Mary home very quickly.Grateful things are looking up.
ReplyDeleteOne of the best looking newborns I have seen. Most of them are not very cute.
ReplyDeleteShe looks adorable! Can't wait until I get to see her in person. You picked a beautiful name for her!
ReplyDeleteJared and Mary, I am so sorry about the additional stress, but now you have a first hand look at what I do at work everyday! Ü And if it makes you feel a little better Jared, the dads almost always have a much harder time than the moms, so you are normal. Sarah is SO BEAUTIFUL! I am so proud to be her auntie! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful. I love her blond hair. Grandma and I just read your post and Grandma sees a little gold in her hair, not just blond. Beautiful! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!! Your baby is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSo much beautiful hair!!! Congratulations! What a beautiful family you're building.
ReplyDelete