I love Kneaders Cafe. It’s a restaurant in the area that specializes in breads, deserts and soups. Yummy stuff. I succumbed one evening while I was getting dinner to also get a slice of their Raspberry Cream Cheese pie. And boy, was I not disappointed. It was delicious.
After that experiment, I decided to try to make my own so that I could have it anytime I wanted (well, at least when raspberries are in season).
My first attempt didn’t turn out too badly, but it was a little more tart than I remembered, and there wasn’t quite enough filling below the raspberry topping.
So I tried again, doubling the filling and making the raspberry topping a bit sweeter, since it was quite tart. And while it’s not an exact replica of Kneader’s pie, it’s close enough to satisfy me. And I love it. :) The recipe, as I cobbled it together from a few different sources and modified to suit my needs, is below.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Pie
Cream cheese filling:
2 – 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Combine ingredients in bowl and mix well. Pour into pre-baked, cooled pastry shell, or graham cracker crust.
Raspberry topping:
2 cups raspberries
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Combine 1 cup raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened, smashing the berries to make a jelly-like consistency. Add remaining berries. Cool. Pour over cream cheese filling. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
And then you can have something like this. Yummy.
Looks delish!! Thanks for the recipe.
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy! I will have to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like it ranks up there with the Blue Bell Chocolate Delight we had tonight.
ReplyDeleteIt looks really good! I love cheesecake!
ReplyDeleteYum. I'm going to have to try that out.
ReplyDelete