I thought that Marydalene’s post the other day was a great idea. We occasionally have funny kid stories that aren’t quite long enough for a blog post, but too long for Twitter/Facebook. We’ve started collecting them and will post when we have two or three, like now.
Last Sunday we went to my in-law's house. It’s about a 30 to 40 minute drive. We were just a few minutes away when Sarah decided that she was tired of being in the car. She let us know by yelling, “All done, all done, all done,” over and over again. When we started moving again after a stop sign she said, “Uh-oh!” and then continued with “All done, all done, all done,” until we arrived.
I’ve been watching the British TV series “All Creatures Great and Small” based on the books by James Herriot about a veterinary practice in rural England. Timothy was watching with me for the show where two of the main characters leave to join the RAF during World War II. He was very concerned about what would happen to them in the war. Having read the books, I was able to reassure him that they survived. He then asked what they did when the war was over. I told him that they returned to the practice. His immediate response was, “That’s not a real job?” He’d seen enough of the series to know that was a lot of work just for practice. I let him know that the business of being a veterinarian or doctor is called a practice, and it was definitely a real job.
Last Sunday we went to my in-law's house. It’s about a 30 to 40 minute drive. We were just a few minutes away when Sarah decided that she was tired of being in the car. She let us know by yelling, “All done, all done, all done,” over and over again. When we started moving again after a stop sign she said, “Uh-oh!” and then continued with “All done, all done, all done,” until we arrived.
I’ve been watching the British TV series “All Creatures Great and Small” based on the books by James Herriot about a veterinary practice in rural England. Timothy was watching with me for the show where two of the main characters leave to join the RAF during World War II. He was very concerned about what would happen to them in the war. Having read the books, I was able to reassure him that they survived. He then asked what they did when the war was over. I told him that they returned to the practice. His immediate response was, “That’s not a real job?” He’d seen enough of the series to know that was a lot of work just for practice. I let him know that the business of being a veterinarian or doctor is called a practice, and it was definitely a real job.
pimpl
ReplyDeleteCUTE kid stories!! That Timothy is really sharp!
ReplyDeleteAlways entertaining!!
ReplyDeleteI love the way your children use and understand words. Lynda says it well.
ReplyDeleteFun stories. Cute kids.
ReplyDelete