I tried to make spring break more interesting for Timothy this year, and so as part of my efforts, I took four days off from work so that we could do fun activities together.
We also struggled with the weather that week. Rain was forecasted for just about every day of the week, so it was hard to plan outdoor activities, but we did manage to squeak in a little time at the park as well as a trip to go miniature golfing.
I didn’t try to take any pictures of us golfing because I knew Sarah would be everywhere (the hazards of going with only one parent). And Sarah seemed to have a good time for the first few holes. Then she wasn’t so interested anymore and wanted to just pick up the golf balls whenever we hit them. Ah well. Timothy said he had a lot of fun, and it was cool enough (but not rainy, thankfully) to be a pleasant outdoor trip.
Timothy asked to go to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. So we spent a day at the museum as well, where Sarah treated us to several “Dinosaurs go ‘Rawr!’ ” She’s pretty cute.
We spent a lot of time in the erosion room, which I kind of planned on. Sarah and Timothy both had fun doing their own things with the sand, water and little plastic dinosaurs and plants.
We also spent a a few hours swimming at an indoor pool with my sister. Again, no pictures, but Timothy had a blast, especially with the lazy river. He had so much fun going around and around and around. He was quiet on the ride home, which means I wore him out, I expect.
Sarah was quite clingy for the first half, and then she didn’t want me to hold her anymore and wanted to be done with the pool. We sat on the side of the pool for a bit, and then she gradually warmed up to getting in and out of the kiddy area by herself. She then started wandering around and liked walking up and down, back and forth. She does not like spraying things, which meant she didn’t like the kiddy play land or any of the slides. At one point they turned off everything that sprayed for a bit, and she LOVED going down the little slide for toddlers. But then they turned the water back on and she wanted nothing to do with it. But she enjoyed walking around in the water and on the deck next to the pool. She fell asleep on the ride home.
After the week was over, Timothy declared it the best spring break ever. Mission accomplished.
Sounds like a REALLY fun week for Timothy and Sarah. I'd say your mission was indeed accomplished.
ReplyDelete