Marydalene informed me on Thursday that Timothy had spent several hours picking out songs on the piano. I’d shown him how to play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star before and he’d extrapolated Baa, Baa Black Sheep and the alphabet song from there. I expected more of the same. Later that night he played for me.
Playing by Ear
Ok, that was a bit more impressive. Marydalene assured me that he did this all by himself. So…maybe it’s time for piano lessons?
Not bad!! I'll bet he'd enjoy piano lessons.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is impressive. I commented on Tigger's Tale, by the way, and it ate my comment. Sorry for the loss.
ReplyDeleteTime for piano lessons - and soon. His interests could quickly outstrip his abilities.
ReplyDeleteHooray Timothy! I love the piano. For me the key was learning to read music. I use the written music (especially of the hymns) as more of a guideline for how to play a song well, but the music of the songs comes from within and determines the tempo, volume, and even the notes and chords that I play. That's on a good day.
ReplyDeleteWhen he plays from his heart, he'll never stop. He could be playing for priesthood meeting before you know it.