Well, my oldest son (and only son, really) just had a birthday. And he’s now in the last year of his life as a single digit age. Sometimes I have a hard time accepting the fact that I have a 9-year-old. Who is in fourth grade to boot. It doesn’t seem that he should be that old. But as we’ve lived in our house for eight of those nine years … well, I’ll just stop being maudlin for now.
To celebrate the momentous occasion, we had a party and cake. And presents. Can’t forget the presents. On to the pictures.
My sister wasn’t so sure Timothy would be interested in this piano book. I love the intense look on his face. (It means he’s reading and is deep in thought.) He loves it and has enjoyed playing from it.
This present was a surprise reaction to me, but it makes me laugh. I gave Timothy a new set of fingernail clippers partly because he needed a new set, but I mostly thought I’d get a good eye-roll from him. Instead, he was excited to get them. Boy: 1, Mom: 0.
But he was very excited for this present. He laughed quite hard and gave a very willing smile for the camera. Boy: 1, Mom: 1.
I can handle a tie.
This was the other surprise for me. When I asked what kind of cake Timothy wanted for his birthday, he told me carrot cake. Really? He reaffirmed his decision. And loved every bite of it. If you don’t know why I was surprised, here’s a link to a reminder.
Happy birthday, kiddo. Love you.
Happy Birthday, Timothy!! Looks like it was fun.
ReplyDeleteMust admit that carrot cake looks VERY good. Maybe Timothy's tastes are growing up too.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful he is appreciative of even the unusual gifts.