One of the things that I get the most comments about is Ryan’s hair. And why not? It is really quite striking that my baby has so much hair so young. And when he smiles at me, I must admit that my heart melts a little bit each time. He’s just so stinkin’ cute. (Sorry to toot my own horn, but I’m in love with this adorable little guy, even though I haven’t had a good night’s sleep for many months now.)
I must admit, I’m quite taken by by his hair myself (even though it is really quite a hassle sometimes*). His hair has these beautiful little blond highlights to them. I purposefully went out to take pictures to document it earlier this month (he was about 2 months old at the time).
And no, it isn’t a trick of the lighting. His hair really does look that way. It is dark brown underneath and light brown on the ends – natural highlights. I didn’t get a very good picture of it, but he has his dad’s hair in that it sticks straight up in the back. See how it kind of feathers to straight up? Thank you cowlicks. I can’t get it to lie flat even right after a bath and it is soaking wet. Proof that Harry Potter hair does actually exist in the world.
And I love his blue eyes (even though I know they will change). I’m smitten. Forever.
* If you are wondering about why hair on a newborn is difficult, consider this: he can’t hold up his head while you are washing it in the bathtub. And since he can’t hold up his head, it is hard also to brush it and keep it neat. And people love to touch it (guilty), so it gets dirty very easily. In a day, it looks very oily, looking like I haven’t given him a bath in weeks. And it is getting so long that he really needs a haircut, but who gives a (now) 3-month-old a haircut? Did you see his hair? Who would want to cut off such cuteness? Haircuts will have to wait at least one more month.
Who knows, his eyes might just stay blue. My father and Richard's mother both had blue eyes so it is in the genes.
ReplyDeleteI was always loath to cut my boys' hair. Looking back on the elementary school pictures you'd have thought I liked the "Beatle" look. Guess part of it was that I knew they'd lose it soon.
I started cutting my girls hair around 3 months. All of my babies had a fair amount of hair and I could not stand the long stringers that grew faster than the rest of it. Ryan does have a ton of hair and it is super cute. His eyes are also beautiful - they are so blue!
ReplyDeleteI am a bit jealous of his hair...even if it can proove to be difficult sometimes. The light brown hair and blue eye combo is wonderful. I too am smitten, and have never met the guy. Don't cut his hair too soon, those blonde highlights might not come back.
ReplyDeleteWay cute! I think the problem with new borns and hair is they accidentally pull it...and my baby didn't have near as much hair as yours.
ReplyDeleteAmen to that! I swear Logan's hair needs to be washed all the time from everyone touching it and our problem now is that his hair is curly...so it definitely has a mind of its own once it's dry. It's all over the place and John refuses to cut those little strings off.
ReplyDelete