We haven’t been as good this summer at taking a hike every month, but we did make it out in August to hike the Y.
It’s been a while for me. Jared and Timothy did it last summer, but I don’t think I’ve done that hike since before I had three kids. Yeah. It’s been a while. The last trip that I remember is with Jared when we were dating or engaged. So, now that it’s been more than a decade, I felt that I should join them.
Let’s just say that yes, the hike was as steep as I remember it, but there are more improvements (like the parking lot, trail head and trail markers). It was a fun outing with the family.
I was stubborn and insisted on hauling my baby up and down the mountain, just because I thought I could do it, and that would leave Jared free to haul Sarah up the more steep parts of the trail. (And yes, he did carry her up quite a bit of the mountain.) I should have let him carry Ryan down, but I was stubborn and did it myself. And I was sore because of it. But I did it. Boy is my boy heavy.
We made it. It’s amazing how much more you can see from just a mile up the mountain. It reminds me of what a beautiful place that I live in. So thankful.
Also amazing: You can see three temples (one under construction, but still). Three! So blessed.
Mount Timpanogos: This one is the hardest to see because it is the farthest away.
Provo.
And the under-construction Provo City Center.
We brought some trail mix to snack on at the top; Ryan of course, was only interested in the M&Ms. Nice to know I’ve taught my kids right. He can hardly say any words but he knows what an M&M is and will insist that you share if you eat trail mix. Love my baby boy.
Comments
Post a Comment