One of the crafts that I made at a recent Relief Society activity was this little turkey. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. It was a pre-made unpainted set; I painted and assembled it. It fits in with my other Thanksgiving decorations quite well. It makes me happy.
Another project that I worked on this past month was the parts for a trumpet quartet for the Ward Christmas party.
It was quite fun learning how to use the music notation software (I downloaded a free trial). I’m not sure how often I would use it, but it certainly would be neat to have. It ended up being just a trumpet duet instead, but I had fun playing my trumpet again. It was fun to participate in the Christmas program.
One of my favorite books that Jared introduced me to is “Ender’s Game,” by Orson Scott Card. When the movie adaptation came out, I was very interested in going to see it. I was prepared to go see it alone (something that I don’t mind doing) when it occurred to me that Timothy would probably really enjoy going to see it as well. He has read (and enjoyed) the book and was very excited to come with me. So, on a Friday night so that he wouldn’t be too tired for school the next day, we went and saw it together.
We both enjoyed it. There are some things that I really enjoyed (how they visually dynamically they interpreted the battle room as well as the overall flow of the film) and some things that kind of bothered me (it felt really rushed, but I attribute that to my reading of the book where it takes place over six years versus six months). But overall, it was a fun outing, one that was doubly enjoyable by the fact that I got to spend it with my oldest son.
Comments
Post a Comment