How do I phrase this opening in such a way that it doesn’t sound dated? Or lame because it is a month and a half since this even took place? I suppose if I were really clever I’d find some analogy between Valentine’s Day being the day of love and Christmas being a day where we also show our love for our families and for the love that Jesus Christ showed us in coming to the Earth to be our Savior. And that would give me an excuse to share some of the pictures from our Christmas morning without any guilt.
Did it work? No? Ah, well. It was worth a try. But I’m still going to share pictures from Christmas. If that bothers you, well, you can not look and I won’t be offended. Promise. Ha!
I know I say it a lot, but I really do love my kids. They drive me crazy, too. Don’t get me wrong. But they just had joy this Christmas morning and it was magical. Ryan didn’t really know what was going on and was kind of cranky until he figured it out.
And here’s my trio, all adorable.
Sigh. I love that picture.
Sarah was just so excited to find Go-Go Squeeze applesauce in her stocking.
(Mom is so mean and won’t buy them often because the cost-per-ounce is so much more than the applesauce cups that we normally get.) Apparently, Santa got the message that they would be a fun stocking treat.
And this is my eldest being totally stoked to get a HTML and CSS programing book for Christmas. The things I never thought I would buy for my kids.
And this is my trick on Jared, who wanted a Windows tablet, and me telling him no (but secretly buying it in a good after-Thanksgiving sale). It was SO HARD to keep a secret from him all month long. But he loves it, so I did good. Score one for me.
And this is Ryan, giving me a good “Yay!” for getting clothes for Christmas. More than my elder children gave me, so I’ll take what I can get.
And here are some others. Ah, memories. I hope you had a good Christmas (and Valentine’s) Day as well.




Fun pictures!! and nice to be taken back to Christmas. I'll take Christmas pictures for Valentines any day :)
ReplyDelete