If you’ve ever wondered why I love to live in Utah, let this be one more reason. The sun just lights up the mountains, and during the winter months there is often a lot of color involved. I snapped this picture on my way to pick up my kids after work. I knew if I waited to get the picture with a real camera, I’d miss the moment. And I was right; it was gone after I’d picked them up and was walking back home.
One of my favorite Primary songs is “My Heavenly Father Loves Me.” The lyrics read:
Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heav’nly Father created for me.
He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently
For all his creations, of which I’m a part.
Yes, I know Heav’nly Father loves me.
And yes, with this little sunset, I know that Heavenly Father loves me.
I enjoy your posts and always look forward to them. The sunsets in Utah valley are beautiful. I enjoyed the beautiful snow covered mountains while I was there. The sunsets were lovely. Assume the sunrises were too but I was never up and out early enough to enjoy those.
ReplyDelete