In late July, Janet invited us and John’s family to go hiking to Stewart Falls. I’d never been, and wanted to go. (Timothy was a trooper: this was his third trip to this particular falls this summer.)
The trail was dustier than I imagined, and also narrow (single file only, folks), which made for some interesting moments at times. I was Sarah’s hiking buddy for most of the way out, and I think she only tripped once, which was quite the accomplishment, considering how many rocks and roots were on the trail. But the views were beautiful.
Sarah wanted to turn around at about this point, but we convinced her to carry on.
I have a thing with moving water. It’s just so neat.
The kids enjoyed themselves when we got to the falls, too.
I love this look on my niece’s face. She was pretty uncertain about getting as wet as Janet.
Sarah was so proud of herself for climbing up this hill by herself.
And then her cousin joined her.
And all the nieces and nephews with their aunt.
And then we made the hike back. The kids were tired and hungry, so they weren’t the happiest of campers on the hike back. I took over hauling Ryan and Jared helped Sarah. I didn’t think it was possible until I heard the gentle snores of my baby in my ear.
And that would be a tuckered out little Ryan on my back. It was perhaps a bit long for some of our younger hikers. But I’m glad we live in such a beautiful world.


























Comments
Post a Comment