Skip to main content

Look Who's Three!

I’m sure you have noticed that I have been a little bit absent around here. For pretty much the entire summer.

I’ve had plenty to write about, I’m just not sure why it never happened. I just didn’t make it a priority. Sorry about that. And life has moved on, shockingly, and now I have so many milestones that I didn’t write about but that I wanted to. At any rate, now I’m playing catchup.

The upside? You should see quite a few posts soon. The downside? There will be lots of words. Lots of pictures. You have been warned.

DSC_0541

I guess I should start with the fact that my little guy is now 3 years old. Three! I know I say this so often, but he really is our happy little punk. He’s always looking to get a laugh (he’s starting to develop a sense of humor, and wants to make us laugh) and be silly. He loves to be LOUD.

Mini-Ryan story to illustrate my point: We took the kiddos to Seven Peaks a couple of times this summer. Ryan likes the Lazy River and to float on one of the tubes. The first time we went in the river, he started singing at the top of his lungs, “Row, row, row your boat!” If we weren’t outside, he would have deafened all of us, he was so loud. He was having such a good time. He sang it several times while we were on the river.

DSC_0542

He loves his family. Today in church, he was a little grumpy with me because I wouldn’t let him walk around with Jared while he was doing a attendance count during Sacrament Meeting. Eventually I got him to settle down, and even got him to snuggle a bit with me. He then proceeded to give me several kisses on the cheek (which I reciprocated). He loves to play with his sister, and loves it when Timothy will play with him too (which is pretty rare).

DSC_0545

He loves his mac and cheese. Still probably his favorite food, although tortillas in just about any form is also very acceptable. He loves bread. And chocolate. He was given a large bag of M&Ms for his birthday, and he has loved eating them.

DSC_0547

I love his sense of joy. He will shriek quiet happily at the smallest things, and he loves to BE happy. (My eardrums wish he would take it down a notch, but it’s hard not to enjoy his enthusiasm for many things. Although he does wear me out by the end of the day. And himself, for that matter. He crashes hard because he doesn’t like to take naps, but by 7 p.m. he is dragging if he doesn’t. Silly boy.)

DSC_0550

He loves to open presents. He really got the gift concept this year at Christmas, and he was excited to be able to open more presents on his own for his birthday. He keeps asking if it is Christmas time yet. Sorry, dude, not for another 3 months.

DSC_0571

He loves to play outside. He loves to go to the park and LOVES the swings (my only kid at this age who I practically have to pry off of the swings – Sarah and Timothy both cried until we took pity on them and let them do other things).

DSC_0575

He is my explorer. He loves to play in the sand and the water (and sometimes both at the same time) and doesn’t mind the consequences, as long as I can eventually clean him up.

DSC_0580

Silly Sarah, wrapping herself up in the present leftovers.

In short, I’m happy my little guy is part of our family. I can’t imagine our family without him. He’s hard not to love. Happy birthday!

DSC_0583

DSC_0587

DSC_0601

DSC_0603

DSC_0611

DSC_0625

DSC_0631

DSC_0637

DSC_0638

DSC_0640

DSC_0643

DSC_0645

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Funny Things Kids Do, Part 3

Jared got out the camera today when we went up to Grandma and Grandpa’s house for a little Easter dinner get-together. When Timothy saw the camera, he said, “Don’t take a picture of me!” “Why would I take a picture of you?” Jared asked him. “Because I’m cute.” ______ Sarah has discovered how to open and close the drawers to my dresser, and she knows that she isn’t supposed to get in them. The other day when I checked on her, she hurried over and grabbed two of my socks that were on the floor and promptly went over to my dresser where she put the socks back in and then tried to close the drawer. She came back and tried again and was successful. And I didn’t even have to say anything to her. She just saw me and went straight to the scene of the crime and tried to clean up the evidence. ______ Timothy loves to read, and so we let him read in bed before going to sleep at night. He’s only allowed to read until 8:30, which gives him about 45 minutes if he doesn’t ...

That Was Exciting

There is something terribly cute, and at the same time terribly sad, about a baby hospital gown. I now have first-hand experience with it, since Ryan spent a day in the hospital on Timothy’s birthday. (Nice timing, baby boy.) Last Sunday, I could tell that Ryan was getting sick. I had hoped, when I saw that Sarah was congested and a little ill, that Ryan wouldn’t catch it, but he did. At any rate, I wasn’t really worried because Sarah was hardly phased by it and I assumed it was just a mild virus. Well, the difference between 4 years and 4 months readily became apparent on Sunday night. Ryan slept half the night in his swing after getting really fussy about his stuffy nose. He slept comfortably once in his swing, so I didn’t really worry. On Monday, he was needy. It made working interesting, especially since he wouldn’t really play on his own. He spent a lot of time in my arms or in his swing. Monday night, I could tell that he was worse, but didn’t know that there was much I coul...

Something Scary

So this year, Timothy decided that he wanted to be “something scary” for Halloween. We threw out the various options, and he settled on a vampire. (“I don’t want to be a doctor again,” he told me, “because of all the doctor jokes I got last year.” Ooooookay.) He was quite pleased with the results, and enjoyed being scary. I chose to be Hermione from “Harry Potter.” (“Hermione’s hair is long ,” a 7-year-old girl down the street told me – as if this means I can’t be her – and I explained that I cut my hair earlier this year and it hadn’t had a chance to grow back yet. She was somewhat mollified, but not quite. She’s as precocious as Timothy sometimes.) But I won some movie tickets at work for my costume, made with much effort and collaboration with Janet (Thanks, Janet! And Jared made my wand, too.) This is the first year I’ve had all the elements completed (skirt, sweater, tie, scarf, robe and wand). And this is probably what I’ll be next year too. So if it looks familiar, that’s b...