It occurs to me that I wrote a long, lengthy post about how Sarah broke her arm, and then never gave an update.
She got her pins removed in April, while I was out of town on a business trip actually. I’m glad Sarah said she wanted to keep them. It was interesting to see what they looked like.
Not at all what I expected, but it’s cool that these little metal pins helped Sarah’s arm heal the right way. Modern medicine is so amazing.
This is the last picture we have of her in her cast. (We have a rather aggressively cuddly kitty at times. Sarah doesn’t mind at all.)
And here is my girl, post cast. She wasn’t quite sure at first what to think about having her cast off.
We never had any formal physical therapy, her doctor just recommended we make it a game to see if she could touch her shoulder and extend her arm. The main thing was to get her to use it again. But, we’d ask her every day to touch her shoulder and extend her arm as much as she could.
Here’s a silly photo from Ryan’s birthday party. She’s doing great.
I’m happy to say that she has pretty much her entire range of motion back. I’m grateful for the awesome doctors who helped her. She has a couple of little scars on her elbow from her ordeal, but that’s it. Sarah had a post-cast check up with her orthopedic surgeon and he was very pleased with her progress. He told us he hoped he never had to see us again. Us too.




Comments
Post a Comment