Well, it's official. We have a date.
Since I have to deliver at my doctor's nonpreferred hospital (it's in a different city than his practice), he likes to plan ahead so that it doesn't interfere with other patients' schedules. So at my last appointment, he looked at his calender, my due date and said, "How about July 11?" It's a Friday, when he doesn't have responsibilities in his office (no appointments), and so he's more free to come to the hospital I have to deliver at. He would have induced me on July 18, my due date, but he's scheduled to be at another hospital that day. I said, "OK." I mean, I'm not really going to complain about having my baby a week early.
I must admit I'm a little ... surprised (but that's not quite the right word -- relieved, impatient?) that I now only have three weeks until Sarah joins our family. Suddenly it doesn't seem so far away, but as I'm at my most awkward stage, it also doesn't seem like it can come fast enough.
But it also creates a slight problem for us in that our scheduled visitors, Richard, Suzanne and Janet (who were going to be here when I went to the hospital and be our babysitters with Timothy), won't be here. What do other people do with their kids when Mom has to go to the hospital? We're kind of at a loss of what to do now.
But at any rate, unless Sarah decides to come on her own, we'll have another addition to our family on July 11. About time.
Since I have to deliver at my doctor's nonpreferred hospital (it's in a different city than his practice), he likes to plan ahead so that it doesn't interfere with other patients' schedules. So at my last appointment, he looked at his calender, my due date and said, "How about July 11?" It's a Friday, when he doesn't have responsibilities in his office (no appointments), and so he's more free to come to the hospital I have to deliver at. He would have induced me on July 18, my due date, but he's scheduled to be at another hospital that day. I said, "OK." I mean, I'm not really going to complain about having my baby a week early.
I must admit I'm a little ... surprised (but that's not quite the right word -- relieved, impatient?) that I now only have three weeks until Sarah joins our family. Suddenly it doesn't seem so far away, but as I'm at my most awkward stage, it also doesn't seem like it can come fast enough.
But it also creates a slight problem for us in that our scheduled visitors, Richard, Suzanne and Janet (who were going to be here when I went to the hospital and be our babysitters with Timothy), won't be here. What do other people do with their kids when Mom has to go to the hospital? We're kind of at a loss of what to do now.
But at any rate, unless Sarah decides to come on her own, we'll have another addition to our family on July 11. About time.
Hey Mary,
ReplyDeleteExciting news about the 11th. I was just going to tell you that people in our ward find a good friend that they can call and leave their children with while mom and dad go to the hospital. Hopefully you have somebody like that in your ward. I bet there are plenty of people that would be willing to help.
Wendy