My interest in photography has been growing lately. I keep trying to take "Art" shots, but I keep ending up with junk. At least in all of my studying I am improving my basic skills, or at least I think so.
I really like the exposure on Timothy in this photo, especially in the larger version (click on picture). Somehow the process of shrinking the picture causes it to darken. I really like the look of natural light. This picture was taken with the sun fairly low on the horizon. I didn't even use a fill flash, and I think he looks great.
What I don't like is the framing. There is too much background. I tried a vertical crop, but it doesn't leave him enough space to look into. It looks okay with a square crop, but I want 4"x6" prints. Oh well. Better framing next time. Maybe better lens choice. I wonder if a wider angle lens with the camera closer to Timothy would have worked better.
Taken with a Nikon D70 with a 70-200mm lens @70mm (105mm eq). Exposure values: f/4 @ 1/100 sec, ISO 200.
Like the picture - glad Timothy was a willing subject.
ReplyDelete