I have been using Google Analytics for quite some time to keep track of what goes on with the blog. There are many interesting (to me) things you can discover. Inspired by Jacob’s post, I thought I would share five different top five lists for 2009.
We’ll start off with the top 5 countries that visitors to our blog came from.
- United States
- Germany
- Belgium
- United Kingdom
- Canada
And since the United States is way ahead in sending visitors, here is the top five states that people visited from. I could have listed the top five cities as well, but that wouldn’t leave enough room for other fun stats.
- Utah
- Texas
- California
- Nevada
- Colorado
I’m not sure how many of you will find this interesting, but I thought it was. The top five browser and operating system combinations that people used to visit our blog. You might notice that the percentages don’t add up to 100%, but that’s because they are percentages of all combinations, not just the top five.
- Internet Explorer / Windows 51.22%
- Firefox / Windows 33.08%
- Safari / iPhone 5.77%
- Firefox / Macintosh 4.94%
- Chrome / Windows 2.50%
These are the top five posts viewed in 2009. This is a bit of a tricky statistic as most visitors read posts on the main page and this list is just those who click through to the post page or otherwise read the comments. While I was going through finding the links for these posts I noticed that three of them were in November. Does that mean that you have more time to read and comment when the weather gets colder?
- Obsess Much?
- That's Just Gross
- Experimenting with Confidence
- Work With…or Don’t. That’s Ok Too
- Take a Bow
I had a top five ways that people got to the blog, but Marydalene thought that some of you might not want your blogs linked for all of the world (see first top five) to see. I replaced it with the top five days with the most visits. Three of them are Mondays. That reflects that we most often post late Sunday night.
- Monday, September 14, 2009
- Wednesday, December 30, 2009
- Thursday, August 13, 2009
- Monday, November 23, 2009
- Monday, August 17, 2009
There is much more information available through Google Analytics. I find it quite interesting. It is not difficult to set up, but it does take a small amount of know how. It explains better on the site, but you basically copy and paste a small snippet of code at the bottom of your blog template. You start getting information soon after you put the code in place. If you use Blogger then you already have an account, you just need to start using it.
Comments
Post a Comment