One advantage of working at a newspaper is that I am usually in the know of events that are happening around the valley. When I read about a local Concerts in the Park, which featured the Utah Premiere Brass, I practically begged Jared to let me take the family.
It was a fun concert – I thoroughly enjoyed the music, since I played trumpet from middle school all through college. (A side note, one of my former drum majors from BYU is in the band – she plays the flugelhorn.)
Jared was awesome and took care of a very squirrely Sarah for me and let me enjoy the music, and take pictures. Timothy seemed to enjoy being outside, at the very least. (On the summer solstice, no less.)
Here is a video of just one of the songs that they performed in their hour-long show. Fun stuff.
Love that brass sound!! Looks like it was fun.
ReplyDelete