I worked last night. That means that I don’t get off until 11 p.m. or midnight, and then I am often up a bit later trying to decompress from work. Last night, I stayed up way too late trying to get my head around a project (I think I came up with a solution, if you’re curious).
So because I stayed too late, I really wasn’t ready to wake up with Sarah this morning. I knew Jared was up, and kept waiting for him to go get her. And he didn’t. And didn’t. Grr. Why won’t you go get her? You KNOW I worked last night. That’s when I started to get annoyed.
When I finally gave up and got up to go get her, I realized why Jared hadn’t gotten her and why I was totally unjustified in my annoyance. He was outside mowing the lawn. He had gotten up early to go outside while it was still relatively cool to make our jungle of a lawn more presentable.
I’m such a jerk sometimes.
I try to not jump to conclusions, but sometimes I fail miserably. I’m trying to be more understanding and wait for the full picture before I get emotionally invested in something, but as I said before, sometimes I fail miserably.
Some days I do better than others.
In my defense, my annoyance was partly caused by the fact that I was just waking up (I wake up rather slowly, as Jared will tell you), but I should have waited until I had more information. The whole picture. Sigh. I guess I’ll just have to keep working on that.
In other news, here’s the birthday girl, enjoying some breakfast. Two years ago, she joined our family rather abruptly after giving me grief for most of the day.
Later, I may post some of our adventures today (which haven’t been planned yet) and maybe some cake too, but I make no promises. So in case I don’t make it back, happy birthday, Sarah. I love you.
I'll have to take your good advice and wait more often for the full picture also. I am way too hasty in my judgements also. Thanks for the reminder that we can do better!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sarah!
ReplyDeleteYou are much too hard on yourself!! I hope you had a great birthday with your little cutie. Lucky parents; lucky children!! Aunt Lynda
ReplyDelete