One of the good things about living in Happy Valley is that when a holiday falls on a Sunday, cities often plan events to fall around the holiday (like on Saturday or Monday). We took the kids to see the hot air balloons as part of the Freedom Festival on July 5. (We skipped out on the parade this year, mostly because Sarah would not have been easily entertained for two-plus hours watching people wander past.)
And although it was early, it was a fun morning, and I’m glad I made the effort to get up and attend. Timothy was already excited (we missed last year because we were in Texas), although he did have some choice words for Jared when Jared went in to wake him up at 5:30 a.m. (“I’m trying to sleep here!”) He was more amenable to going once he woke up.
Sarah enjoyed herself quite a bit. I thought she wouldn’t get what was going on, but she had fun watching the balloons fill up and take off.
And after the balloons took off, the kids had fun playing around together (playing ring-a-round-the-rosie, among other games). Sarah’s favorite balloon was the pink one she thought was a kitty cat hot air balloon.
Yes, it’s a pig. Meow.
But that’s OK. She’s so cute that I think we’ll keep her. (Seriously, how did I get so lucky to have such two wonderful kids who are so happy and easy going? I love my kids. They’re the best.)
Comments
Post a Comment