I tried to make a copy, or at least remake a tasty version, of my favorite fresh-mex restaurant chain that is around here. Unfortunately, it really didn’t taste THAT much like it, but fortunately, it was still delicious and I enjoyed it.
If I were to change anything, I think I would start with the dressing. It was a little too sweet for me. Also, while I’ve had the rice recipe I made before, I didn’t replicate it well. I think I was too distracted trying to do other things and didn’t pay enough attention to it at the crucial beginning part. I will have to try again to see if I can make it better.
However, despite the flaws, it was delicious.
It’s a tortilla, grilled taco chicken, black beans, lime-cilantro rice, lettuce and a lime-cilantro dressing. Jared says next time I need to make sure I get chip strips as well.
If you want the recipe, let me know. I’ve cobbled it together from a couple of sources, but I’d be happy to share.
The best part, however, was that my kids ate all of it. Yay!
Sounds really good. Think I'll have to give it a try sometime - maybe in May.
ReplyDelete