One of the hazards of working from home is that if your kids need you, or … insert work problem here, then sometimes I don’t get things when I want them to in order to be finished in a timely manner.
I can’t remember why I was still working that night, maybe I was trying to quickly finish up some last few things before bedtime, but I do remember asking Sarah to go get her jammies on after we read scriptures. I went back to my work, and after a few minutes I called out, “Where’s my Sarah?”
This time, I didn’t get a response. Usually I get a squeal (she’s not doing what she’s supposed to be doing), an indignant response (“I’m in my room!”) or some combination of the two. This time, nothing.
So I went looking and found something that I didn’t expect.
Yes, those are her jammies on the floor next to her bed. She has a habit of climbing into her bed and playing before actually doing what she was asked to do. Apparently her early morning caught up to her. I love her little hand by her chin. Too cute.
We decided to just leave her. She woke up around 11 and got out of bed asking, “Where is everyone?” (Answer: In bed themselves, and almost asleep.) Jared helped her get into her pajamas and sent her back to bed, where she promptly went back to her much needed sleep.
That was one tired little girl.
ReplyDeleteThat is precious and funny!
ReplyDelete